Sunday, April 13, 2014

Writers That Inspire You

With the posting on Amazon of my new short story I wonder from others out there who are the writers that inspire you? Most are probably big name writers, but maybe there are some lesser names out there that you read as well. And do those that inspire you cross over into the genre that your own writings branch into?

For me Robert B Parker, Ian Fleming and Robert Ludlum have been the most influential. Someone that isn't quite as well known that I enjoy is Chris Orcutt and his Dakota Steven's novels.

How about you....

3 comments:

  1. Michelle Moran is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look her up. Sounds like she travels the world and is very Historical in her writings. I don't get out much beyond Colorado unless my full time job sends me there. Thanks for commenting Crystal.

      Delete
  2. I was trying to think of big name or small name that really influences me, but it always leads to Judy Blume. She was the author that took reading from just something fun, to really changing who I was and how I thought about things. It was when I was young trying to recreate my own stories that were just as interesting, that I realized how much I love to write and how much better I feel after writing. Now, I just write to work out thoughts and feelings and ended up starting a blog.

    ReplyDelete