Saturday, June 7, 2014

Write, Edit, Promote, Sell, Write Again

I haven't posted on this blog in over a month. After some responses received from questions I asked in various Communities it became clear I had to bear down and get my novel finished. I needed more written work out there to sell. No blogging, no social networks (well maybe a little!), no promoting; just write and edit. Bang the keys and drain the batteries on my wireless keyboard. It's completed now and in the hands of my beta readers. Feedback so far has been positive. The follow-up to The Case of the Missing Bubble Gum Card is in the home stretch. After incorporating their feedback I'm hiring an Indie Editor to polish it up, will get a cover designed and Tracking a Shadow will be ready for publishing.

So the Circle of a Writers Life will begin again.Write, Edit, Promote, Sell and Write again. Somewhere in there I have to work at my job, spend time with family and do chores around the house. This is the day to day routine of an Indie Writer. I'm excited and dreading at the same time what is ahead. It could be great, it might be terrible, I'd be happy with something in between, but I'm ready to face it. At the same time the follow-up to Tracking a Shadow is started, an outline for the book after that already forming. The series for Jarvis Mann PI is on track, our thrilling adventure together transforming from the inner mind to bits and bytes. The work never ends. Back to work...

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read. Sending many prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trina. Always appreciate you rooting for me...

      Delete
  2. So glad that you've got more planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara. I appreciate you beta reading Tracking a Shadow and hopefully you can do the same on my future novels.

      Delete